A new twist on an old favourite! Impress your friends at your next BBQ with this starter or treat yourself to this delicious snack! Visit our Delicatessen and chat to our Cheese experts about our Halloumi varieties and pick up all the ingredients to make this dish in store!
- Half a cup of plain flour
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp smoked cumin
- 2 packets of Halloumi, cut into chips
- Grapeseed oil, for frying
- The Salty Goat Hot and Sweet Chilli jam
- Lemon wedge
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl, mix the flour and spices, then use to lightly coat the halloumi.
- Add the oil to a wide, deep, heavy-based pan, so that it fills to a depth of about 1 1/2cm, and heat until sizzling.
- Add a few pieces of halloumi at a time and fry for 1-2 mins, turning with tongs, until golden and crispy all over. Transfer to a piece of kitchen paper and repeat with the remaining halloumi.
- Sprinkle the fries with salt and pepper, toss to coat, and then divide between paper cones or bowls.
- Serve with The Salty Goat Hot and Sweet Chilli jam and a lemon wedge